MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN OYO STATE
ABOUT MBGOS ?
Most Beautiful Girl in Oyo state (MBGOS) is an event created as a platform for beautiful and brilliant young ladies in the state, to be selected and empowered to make positive contributions to their immediate society through charity, public service, and other social engagements. The event is also designed to celebrate the rich cultural heritage and tourism potential of Oyo state, and also to create an ambience for advocating and protecting the rights of the girl child, through initiatives like The Girl Child Campaign which has been our major problem in our state.
OBJECTIVES OF THE BEAUTY PAGEANT
The primary objective of the MBGOS (Beauty & Brains) pageant is to crown the best blend of intelligence and beauty amongst the horde of pretty young ladies in Oyo state. The pageant is also meant to encourage the young ladies to take advantage of the opportunities available to them using their inventiveness and resourcefulness, as a compliment to their beauty.
Other objectives include:
- To raise awareness for Girl Child Education in Oyo state and beyond.
- To encourage a healthy competition among the ladies in Oyo state.
- To offer a platform for the youths of the state to showcase their talents.
- To encourage women to be independent and see the benefits of exploring their individual potentials.
- To encourage the learning of the Yoruba culture, which is the practice by people of the state.
- To select a representative of the state at the national and international level of prestigious beauty pageants.
The search for the Most Beautiful Girl in Oyo State is thrown open to eligible contestants between the ages of 16-25. Each contestant must be an indigene of Oyo state or a student of any of the higher institutions in the state. At the final stage of the audition, 33 ladies will be selected to represent each local government area (LGA) in the state.